Your privacy is critically important to us. We at Barnlog have a few fundamental principles:
We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
We treat your personal information with the highest regard to privacy and security.
What information about me does Barnlog collect and how is it used?
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you're using Barnlog on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. And if you choose to pay for something through Barnlog, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and what you purchased.
We partner with Stripe for credit card payments and Plaid for bank transactions. By issuing payments through Barnlog with either of these services, you are agreeing to their respective Privacy Policies which can be found here and here.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Barnlog, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Barnlog, our servers automatically record information ("log data"), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Barnlog features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Barnlog, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Barnlog on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Barnlog and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
If you make a payment through Barnlog, we'll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to pay for something through Barnlog.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting content you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in polo, we may suggest polo-related discussions, horses, or players that we think you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you recently purchased a horse, we might show you ads for new tack.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like likes or comments, happens on Barnlog), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include discussions you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Barnlog. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Barnlog when they first sign up for Barnlog. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Barnlog using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it cannot be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Barnlog does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do I have about my information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Barnlog account, many of the choices you have on Barnlog are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time.
- Choose whether or not to publish your activity on Barnlog to another service, like Facebook.
- Delete your account and information you have added to Barnlog, including but not limited to, photos, posts, comments, likes, events, discussions, and your personal profile information.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Barnlog. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How can I delete my data?
With each piece of content you create on Barnlog, there will be a mechanism (usually an "X" symbol or "Delete" button or link) near or on top of that content. Sometimes this link will be hidden behind a drop down menu with other actions that can be taken for that content. Deleting any content you have added will be permanent and cannot be undeleted. Logs that may contain information about content you delete will be deleted at most 30 days after the content was deleted.
To delete your account and all your content, go to your profile settings and click the "Delete Your Account" button. When prompted to confirm, click the "Permanently Delete" button. You may also delete your account by contacting our Customer Service from the same email address associated with your account.
How and when do we share information?
Barnlog is a tool people use to manage their calendars, connect their horses to others, and join in public equine discussions. When you create public discussions or other content, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you've chosen to link to your Barnlog account to those services or publish your activity on Barnlog to them. For example, you can choose to publish your discussions to Facebook or Twitter.
- When you purchase something through Barnlog using your credit card, we share your credit card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you're buying from. The merchants treat this information just as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information we share with them.
- If you purchase something through Barnlog using Apple Pay, your credit card number is not shared with the merchant, but contact and transaction information is still shared.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Barnlog; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Barnlog how many people liked something they shared, or the percentage of people who click "like" after viewing it.
Our policy on children's information
Barnlog is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Barnlog after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
How can I contact Barnlog?
You may reach out to Barnlog at any time by emailing our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective: January 1, 2016